10+ years of demonstrated excellence as an interactive media manager, social media community manager, and user success professional. Additional experience in hospitality operations management and client services.
Proven track record of developing team relationships and utilizing diverse knowledge, resources, and communication skills to achieve goals. Recognized as self-starter with impeccable attention to detail and creative problem solving abilities.
Web Content & Social Media
Content & Social Media Manager, Tightrope Interactive
June 2011 to Present
- Developed content and social media strategies for lead generation and tech products; produced content for 250+ websites, landing pages, email campaigns, and blogs marketing education, software, games, and recipes.
- Launched and managed social media communities for 25+ products and brands; curated content daily resulting in Facebook and Twitter communities as large as 60,000 users and increased organic traffic by 5%.
- Optimized content and user experience for SEO and SEM needs; utilized performance data, A/B testing, and SEO tools to improve conversion performance for products by 15% on average and user engagement up to 33%.
- Supported product sales teams by producing trade show booths, marketing presentations, and sales collateral.
- Managed junior copywriters and freelance writers; provided guidance and art direction to designers.
Copy Editor & Page Designer, The Oakland Tribune
June 2004 to March 2007
- Ensured quality of copy for accuracy, clarity and style, wrote headlines and photo captions, and designed front-page and local community section layout for daily newspaper with circulation of 150,000.
- Converted print newspaper to Internet format: edited articles and photos and uploaded breaking news updates.
- Promoted to assistant leadership and front-page layout design in record time due to proven ability with advanced layout designs and good judgement in handling high-profile or culturally sensitive news stories.
User Success & Client Services
Hospitality Manager, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
August 2008 to May 2011
Food & Beverage Assistant Manager
- Supervised operations and employees in the production of a daily Continental breakfast and private events.
- Managed In-Residence Dining from neighboring restaurants, ensuring proper standards of quality and service; resolved problems with logistics and revamped program to meet guest expectations of Fairmont Hotels.
- Marketed hotel property as event venue; corresponded and met with clients and guests to book events.
- Managed department costs, including food and beverage as well as labor costs; assist with annual budget projections.
- Planned guest itineraries using intimate knowledge of culinary and tourism industry; made dining or activity reservations, arranged transportation and out-of-town tours, and executed private events as requested.
- Provided excellent customer service; improved property-wide standards through leadership and training of staff.
May 2008 to April 2009
- Facilitated the weekly creation of up to 10 custom-designed cakes; managed business operations, scheduled and made deliveries, and developed vendor and customer relationships.
- Attended marketing functions, maintained company website, and launched social media accounts to promote sales.
Baker & Cake Decorator, Noe Valley Bakery
March 2007 to March 2008
- Created pastries, cookies, cakes, tarts, and seasonal items to supply a 400-cover daily bakery and catered events.
- Maintained inventory of ingredients, ordered supplies, projected usage, and ensured daily demands were met.
Accounting Office Assistant, Sequoia Equities
August 2003 to April 2004
- Processed accounts payable and receivable for property management firm with $5.9 million in annual sales.
- Skilled in PC and Mac OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop Elements.
- Proficient in WordPress, CMS, Drupal, and Mailchimp platforms; working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experienced with Agile/ Scrum project management, Web analytics tools, and Google AdWords.
University of California, Berkeley
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1999-2003
California Culinary Academy
Baking and Pastry, 2006-2007
California Academy of Sciences
High School Diploma, 1995-1999
The Daily Californian
Positions held: Sports Editor, Staff Writer
Gamma Phi Beta Sorority
Positions held: Personal and Chapter Enrichment (PACE) Chair